Here are some pictures from my Christmas in Levanger with the Bergs. It was an amazing holiday!!! I was there from the 20th until the 26th when I left for Nuremberg.

This is the newspaper in Levanger

Christmas dinner. Ribs (my personal favorite), sausage, lamb, carrots, potatoes, rutabaga, and mashed peas. It was all amazing.

Me, Elisabeth, and Kelly at Christmas dinner

Taking a break from cooking and jamming on the drums :)

Making lefse!! It was so much fun. I was pretty much a pro.

We introduced egg-bakes and caramel rolls. We made two pans of caramel rolls and 3 quiches for about 15 people. They loved it.


Papa Berg and Elisabeth

Stockings on Christmas Eve morning. They celebrate on the 24th in Norway. We started off with stockings in the morning. Then we watched 'Popelco' which is a Czech version of Cinderella which one man dubbed in all the voices into Norwegian. It's a big tradition here. Seeing as how I can't understand Norwegian or Czech, Anders, Solveig, and Elisabeth all took over different parts and translated it into English. Great times.

Decorating the tree on Dec. 23rd. They decorate with Norwegian flags. So cute.

These are some pictures of walking behind Elisabeth's house.
2 comments:
so what all is on the Christmas dinner plate?
I can fit about 4 cinnamon rolls in my teeny oven. But i still bake them because they're so yummy & make my home smell oh so good! :D
I'm really glad you could spend Christmas with a family!
SC in Japan
jessica!!! did you know that you've been more north in norway that i have? congrats:P so cool that they translated "tre nøtter til askepott" for you! hehe.. it's the best! jurazec is my favorite (the horse).. oh, and rozarka! (the owl) :)
Post a Comment