The following Friday night after Unbad, the youth service at Betel, we had an all night prayer meeting. It was really cool. We started at about 10:30 and left the following morning around 8:30. We started out with about 17-18 people and by the morning there were still 8 people there so that was really cool. It was an awesome time where we just gathered together in prayer over the city of Trondheim, the students, the church, and other personal prayer requests.
Sorry the pictures are kind of blurry. I didn't want to use my flash and be a distraction. We set up different prayer 'stations' throughout the sanctuary where you could go and specifically pray prayers of adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication (we used 'ask' instead). Seeing as how I hardly know what supplication means though, it didn't translate as well as hoped, therefore destroying the 'ACTS' acronym. It all worked out fine though. We had worship throughout the night and had fruit and tea on a table there as well. In the front we had a place where people could write down prayer requests and then have others pray for them throughout the night. There was a group from the Chi Alpha in Duluth that got together during part of the time that we were praying which was really cool to know that we had people all over praying collectively for the same things. It was such an amazing night and we have another one planned on November 30th so mark your calendars and feel free to join us!
These next pictures are from Lade, an area of Trondheim along the fjord. I went there with Linn Cecilie, who is Kelly's roommate and a huge blessing in my life. We had a blast.
Haha. We were going around to all of these old historic places and making up our own stories about how history went down. I was currently pretending to be a great commander in the army giving my troops a pep talk during 'the great war'. I think we kind of scared some of the other tourists. We were laughing though.
Yes. We found a swing in the middle of the woods. It was awesome. 
Helena, Kelly, Cortney, and me. It was Helena and Cortney's birthdays so Kelly and I had them over and they had foot baths (no, I did not touch their feet for those of you who just gasped) and had facials. The red masks were self-heating. They were crazy. Pretty much right when you put them on your face they started to get really warm. Kind of like those little hand warmers we use when we are deer hunting, except all of my face. It was amazing.This was at our Halloween party. From left to right:
Magnus is a gangster, Brett is the Holy Ghost, Cortney is a basketball player, Brita is an old Norwegian woman (Oh wow...I just realized she is wearing the same sweater that Linn was wearing from our trip to Lade. The funny part is, it is Kelly's sweater) and Kelly is a Zebra...Cat....Lemur. We couldn't actually decide.
This is me and Fredrik. I was a troll and Fredrik was a pirate. Kelly and I put his costume together and I put on his tattoo :) It says I love MOM in case you can't see the whole thing.
We wanted to carve pumpkins really badly but we couldn't find any in Trondheim. No one there had ever carved pumpkins (some couldn't even remember seeing a pumpkin in their life) and none of them had ever dressed up either. We bought Halloween candy though and served caramel apples (they hadn't had those either) and hot apple cider (also a new thing for them). It is funny how there are so many things that you just assume the entire world enjoys but I am daily finding out new things that they've never heard of and many things in their lives that I've never heard of or experienced. It makes life more interesting.
I wish I had an excuse for why I tend to only blog about once a month, but I am just going to have to say it is a sign that I am keeping busy over here. I really am loving it here. I wish that you all were here and able to experience it with me.

2 comments:
love it when you update your blog! haha-- the ikea trip.. let's do it again some time!! ;) <3 U! klem
Wow, you fit that part so well! Bet you can't guess who this is!
Post a Comment