Sorry it has taken me so long to post anything on here. I couldn't figure out how to switch my account into English for the longest time and I don't know enough Norwegian yet to leave it that way.
The transition to Trondheim has gone really well. When I flew in here, I had five days to recover from jet-lag, move into my apartment, and get familiar with the area before our team headed to College of Student Ministries (CSM) in Brussels, Belgium. We are working with an organization called Students for Christ (SFC) which is essentially the European branch of Chi Alpha which is based in the states. The conference was amazing. We were able to get together with other teams from Scotland, Ireland, Germany, France, Holland, Belgium, and a few more countries as well. It was such a great experience to be there with people across Europe that share the same vision. We stayed in Brussels from July 31st to August 11th. Each day we had class during the day with different approaches to student ministry followed by a service each night. I gained so much from the conference and it really gave me a new passion for reaching the students over here.
We returned from the conference and had three days before the new students began to move in on campus. Paul and Sunia Gibbs (friends of Brett, Cortney, and Kelly's) from the US came over to help us with a coffee house outreach. Sunia plays the piano and Paul plays the guitar and they both sing. It was a very interesting experience because playing in coffee houses is not common over here at all. They were the first people to do it in the past 10 years at any of the places they played. They have been playing at both campuses here in Trondheim as well as the church youth service and a local coffee shop this week. It has been a really great way to get our name out there and meet with some of the students.
This next week we will be having several meetings with our team and some of the local students to lay out our plan and determine what our goals are for the upcoming year.
Thanks so much for all of your support and please continue to keep the students of Norway in your prayers.
Here are a few pictures of the area that I live in and some pictures from CSM in Brussels.
This is the house that I am living in with three other girls. Two of them are from Norway and one is from the Netherlands.
This is one of the cathedrals here in Trondheim. I think it is the oldest in Norway.
This is a view from the bridge I cross every day.
This is Gløshaugen, the engineering school here in Trondheim.
This is downtown Brussels. We had one day at our conference when we went and did the tourist thing.
We had a night at CSM where we individually prayed for all of the countries represented there.
Go team Norway!!!
Paul and Sunia Gibbs playing at Choco Boco.
7 comments:
Hey your post looks good, Jess! I love the pic from the bridge--it's beautiful!! Figuring out a computer in another language is quite the challenge, huh? Keep with it & keep sharing with the rest of us. Love ya! :)
hej. hur star det till?
glad you got to norge safe ans sound. you'll have a great year!!
katja
Sounds like things are going good and you're starting to get settled in! It also looks like you got new glasses... Did you? Maybe you just look different in Norway...
Hey girl,
Good to hear from you! We miss you here in Springfield!!!
hey! It's Jessie, glad you're settling in ok! Norway looks beautiful!
Totally jealous of your pictures. I'm just sayin' . . . we don't get scenery like that in Wichita.
Sounds perspective-altering already, and I can't wait to hear more as you get to know the students better. Love you extremely much!
Hey girl,
Thank you so much for the flowers you sent to the Matt, Nick and Brandon. Brandon made a comment on how much it meant to him. Thank you for thinking of the family during this time. We miss you! Hope all is well!!!
Post a Comment